Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Farmer's Market



Last Saturday was opening day of the downtown farmer's market so we met up with the Dowdle's to check it out. It was awesome! We sipped fresh squeezed watermelon lemonade, snacked on organic snap peas & warm sugar roasted almonds, and I got a little bunch of Easter egg radishes. Addison was not liking all the people and when you would look at her she would go still as a stone and hold a blank stare off in the distance - it was so funny! I said hi to her once while she was eating some crackers and she stopped chewing and went totally still. She's got the stranger danger down!
We were taking my little brother Jacob to the airport later that day (he had been at EFY all week) so he came to the market too. He and I thought the the "Thirst Aid Station" was such a great idea! Even a little water jug for dogs! Looks like there are going to be a lot of great booths this summer. Lots of fresh produce, local made bread & cheese, plants, art, and all sorts of homemade crafts. I picked up this cute post card at Nicole Larue's booth:

I plan to hang it on my inspiration board. (which I am hoping will be hung as soon as we get our office organized!) Let me know if anyone wants to get together and go to the market - it runs every Saturday until October.

2 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

I want to go EVERY Saturday thru October!!! I love that stuff! Funny ... before I read the text of your blog, I noticed the little dog water bowl and thought that was so cute! We are alike more than we think, Jess! Scary .....

A New Life Student said...

How fun! Maybe we could go when I come in July? I would love it. How cute is Addison? It's so funny how they go through stages of awareness. I hope they have that on video cause it's too cute.