Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Graffiti
Dear Gangsters,
Did you know that when you tag someone's fence it may make that person sad, angry, frustrated, and/or upset? It may make them wonder if you have a conscience, if you even think about how hard other people have to work to pay for that nice white fence, and it may make that person daydream about spraying mace in your eyes just for fun. It may also make that person wonder if you had a hard childhood, if you had to dropout of school and get a job to help make ends meet, and if being in a gang is possibly the only place you have ever felt loved. It may make that person go throughout their day thinking about all the people in this city and how so many intricate factors have influenced how they see the world. Dear Gangsters, I forgive you.
Dear Graffiti Removal Hot-line,
Thank you to whomever thought up your creation. Thank you for being a free service. Thank you for always coming within 24 hrs of a call and for taking pride in your job. I think you all deserve a hug.
Sincerely,
Jessica Tew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your post made me cry, Jess. You have such a great, compassionate heart. You make me proud ... sorry about the graffiti.
A hard life doesn't excuse behavior like this. It makes it easier to understand, but does not excuse it.
Thats cool that there is FREE graffiti removal. Do they track down the ppl who did and hand them a scrub brush with cleaner? Amazing.
I know. I have no heart.
Jessica Tew,
I wonder if we are somehow related? I was googling myself...and found you. Wouldn't it be cool if we were long lost cousins or something?? Anyway, lets find out. ithinkinmusic@gmail.com
-JEssica Tew
Post a Comment