Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Celebrations

On Easter Sunday we spent the day watching our church's General Conference with Nate's parents and his brother Brady and family. It was nice to relax and spend time playing with my nieces and nephew. Yesterday we had the traditional Tew Easter egg hunt in the backyard with the rest of the Tew Clan. Nate's mom Georgia always has fun toys and trinkets to fill the plastic eggs with. (since the kids usually get tons of sugar on Easter she doesn't fill the eggs with much candy which I think is great!) We also celebrated some birthdays...Nate's sister Kristy and his dad Rick share the same birthday (April 14th) so we had an awesome dinner complete with cake and ice cream for dessert. We also started a new tradition and going around the room to have everyone share a memory they have of the birthday person. It was so fun to hear all the stories!


Brenna, Morgan, & JJ Decorating Eggs



The kitchen truly is the heart of the home! I had to snap this picture because I realized everyone who had arrived at the house so far was in kitchen.



The kids always wait at the top of the stairs while Georgia gives instructions.


Georgia & Rick
(Rick just loved the plastic cat I put in his egg)




Kenny pulling out his "carrot" from the garden. Georgia got these cute plastic carrot bats with a ball and Rick had the clever idea of sticking them in the garden dirt for the kids to find.

After the kids hunt we had an adult one...each person hid an egg for their spouse and then Rick and Georgia hid an a money egg for each couple to find.



I decided to get creative and hide Nate's egg somewhere special! (wink wink)



The Tews


and of course we can't forget Teddy Tew


Our youngest niece Natalie is the cutest little munchkin! I just love her two top teeth...she was totally enjoying grandma's mashed potatoes.



Happy Birthday Rick and Kristy!



happy easter!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey.

Um.

Can I borrow that dress?



Just kidding.

The Naylor Family said...

Can't believe that you found the time to blog tonight with everything else you had going on! I really do love looking at pictures of your "family" life. Makes me really wish we lived closer to family ... including you and all the Tews! Maybe some day! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Brad and Rebecca said...

love your Easter dress! you look fabulous!

The Tew Clan said...

Cute! Can you send me your pics that you took of my kids :) You got some good ones of Natalie! Love you guys!