Friday, October 8, 2010

Self-Control

I just love to watch this. Especially the little blonde boy with the grey shirt - the sniffing gets me every time! My younger brother Jacob used to love marshmallows as a kid. He would ask for a cup of the mini ones as a snack. I've never been a huge plain mallow fan, however, if they placed one of those shortbread cookies in front of me (you know the ones that come in that blue round tin) I would really have to concentrate.

(Oh the temptation video by Steve V on Vimeo via A Cup of Jo)

2 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

ah, lessons in Delayed Gratification! I used this experiment as an example in one of my Sunday school classes. Definitely a hit! I want to do this experiment with my girly and see how she does. I think it is extremely important to teach our children delayed gratification. It is a vital skill as we all grow up!

The Naylor Family said...

I love it! The little boy that kept smelling it was so dang cute! Then at the end to shove both of them in his mouth at the same time really riminded me of Jacob. He still loves marshmellows .... YUCK!