Thursday, January 12, 2012

One year ago...

One year ago Nate and I started a 12 week birth class where we prepared to become parents and made some awesome friends along the way.

April 15, 2011
Nearing the End of Birth Classes
All of us ready to pop except for Jana since Bennett decided to come 5 weeks early!
Read the crazy store here.

(Liz is missing from this picture...Emerson was born May 5th.)


July 4, 2011
Sugarhouse Arts Festival






July 10, 2011
Our First Official Reunion




I also wanted to make a note that several of us would meet each Wednesday at a new parents support group called Mommy and Me, from 10am-Noon at LDS Hospital. I looked forward to those Wednesdays so much! They helped me through some really rough weeks.
(I'm sad that I never brought my camera.)



October 22, 2011
Our 2nd Reunion










December 7, 2011
Play Date










January 12, 2011
Play Date


the kiddos:






I am so thankful for this group of people!
For the support, the advice, the laughs (oh the laughs!),
and the opportunity to watch these cute kids grow up.

3 comments:

Liz Horton said...

Jess,

The pictures turned out great! I may have to steal a couple to send off to family.
Thank you so much for opening up your home each month for our mommmy get togethers. They have made my(as well as Ryan's :) life of mommydom a little easier knowing that others are sharing my same experiences.
We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to have met some awesome soon-to-be parents whom we could all share our experiences of becoming a new parent.
We can't wait to see your next post!

The Naylor Family said...

Soooo thankful that you have other woman willing to take time out of their careers to take on the "hardest career choice EEVER" to be a Mom!!! It's so nice to have other mothers to help you along that journey!!! Fun post!! They babies are getting so big!!!

Sycamore Girl said...

This post brought tears to my eyes as I recalled my own little birth class and the friends I met there. Its been a while since I have been in contact with them and I am motivated to host a get together soon. Our children are 18 months now. Its wild how quickly time flies and the connections with people you created during this time. I'm so happy you had that experience!