I took some advice from a friend who is super organized (and she has four kids!) and I decided to make a list of some spring cleaning projects I wanted to complete.
#1 Organize my spices.
I don't know about you guys but it drives me nuts when I get back from the store and put my new bottle of coriander away only to find ANOTHER bottle of coriander that was hiding way in the back somewhere. No really, I have three bottles of coriander. I can't even remember what recipe has coriander in it!
So I decided to make my first "As Seen on TV" purchase -
BEHOLD:
THE SWIVEL STORE!
$19.99, and not the most high quality item but it did the trick.
BEFORE AFTER
a little bit better right?
I tossed a few spices that had expired...I mean spices don't really expire right? I guess they just lose some of their potency. It's hard to see the date in this picture but it's March 2006. YUMMY!
Just slide...and swivel!
My face totally looks like hers when I swivel.
Next project: The Garage!!
5 comments:
Yay for spice organization! I love it! Can't wait to see the garage!
And I totally know what I am getting you for Christmas. Coriander of course.
Lets face it, we know that none of us will ever be a "Jamie"....In fact, I swear the girl would benefit from some MEDS! :)
But, I LOVE your Baby Steps approach! (more than what I have ever done!)
You are one step closer to becoming a JAMIE!
I have the same dilemma with the spice cabinet. I haven't seen that product before...maybe I should invest in it!
Jamie inspires me to be more organized also! If the swivel things don't work out though, we use the lazy susan spinny things from bed, bath and beyond! Love them!
Looks good!!! Howis it that you can organize your spice cabinet and you have a baby ... I don't have ANYONE home ALL DAY and I can't finish the wallpaper project I started a month ago!!!
Post a Comment