(WARNING: collage overload)
Last weekend we celebrated Mabel's first birthday!
We planned to have a little backyard bbq but the weather took a turn for the worse
so we had to move the party inside.
(which was a bummer because I thought our balloon chain,
which was quite the labor of love, looked much cuter outside!)

the menu:
teriyaki chicken & pineapple kebabs
dill potato salad
watermelon slices
sparkling watermelon lemonade
watermelon cupcakes
Thanks to my brother-in-law Bryan for helping Nate grill!

![]() |
| Mabel had a blast playing with her friends and family! |
...
I debated whether or not to give Mabel a cupcake.
The traditionalist in me said "cupcake!" but then I started thinking,
if Mabel could talk and make a request for her birthday dessert
I totally know what she would say:
"WATERMELON!"
Her favorite treat.
So we gave her the biggest piece of watermelon
she has ever seen and she went to town.
sweet, slippery, slimy, and sticky
(and really cute to boot!)
.Present LOVE.
I think my favorite part of the day was watching Mabel open presents.
She really took time to look at each little gift.
Happy Birthday Mabel!
and Many More!






6 comments:
SO ADORABLE!!
Wow...I've made those Ballon arches before and know what a PAIN they can be. You are such dedicated PARTY MOM!
Happy 1st {B} Day to miss Mabel!!
Looks like Mabel had a blast! I just love the pictures! Sorry we couldn't make it.
Your watermelon idea was GENIUS. She looked adorable eating it. She's such a cute little girl. Jackson always asks about "Popel" now. haha
I love your watermelon idea, everything turned out so cute! Your menu sounds delicious!! Can't believe she is 1 already. She looks adorable eating that watermelon!
Happy Birthday Mabel! What a sweetie! I loved the decorations. Isn't is amazing how every little milestone gets more and more great. Not that ONE is a little milestone at all! You now have a toddler!
Everything looked darling! Turns out Esther LOVES watermelon too. I should have had that her cake!
Post a Comment