this post is basically just so i can have a record of what we planted
(and what died) for next year.
read on if you enjoy ramblings about gardens. :)
freshly planted
(and what died) for next year.
read on if you enjoy ramblings about gardens. :)
freshly planted
{5.20.12}
spinach died first, then the snap peas (we had an abundant one pea harvest), then the cilantro, got about 4 strawberries then it died, and the onions were dying so I pulled them out. sadness.
front left are peppers...they look promising, and I planted some mint where the strawberry was.
{7.03.12}
the romaine and red leaf lettuce are doing well...
except for this CRA-AZY
romaine that I had to pull out.
romaine trying to be a redwood?
(note to self: don't wait too long to pick the lettuce or
else it's like chewing on leather)
tomatoes and cucumbers doing great!
then now
it will be nice to get a drip system in place (nate has been working on our sprinklers this week) since it's kind of a pain to hand water. i'm really excited for our yellow pear tomatoes...they taste like candy. going to have to do some research to figure out why so many things died. soil? heat? i'm already thinking about what to plant next season. more strawberries, more tomatoes...maybe a pumpkin? i think we will need deeper boxes.

3 comments:
I think it was the heat. I may convince Jacob to put a sun net over one side of the garden and plant the things that don't need direct sun.
I did a watermelon this year for the first time and it's actually doing rather well shocking.
I have not picked my lettuce yet but I'm lisa nervous because I don't know when I should... It's lettuce heads.
We had a bunch of stuff die too! For us it was a couple of wind storms that tore the plants apart! So sad! Your garden looks great though!
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only gardener who killed off her food! I think about only 50% of mine is going strong. You will definitely need to share your secrets of what ends up working!
Post a Comment