Thursday, April 3, 2014

First Quarter Commentary

Mabel's communication skills, imagination, and creativity have really blossomed 
these past several months.  She makes me laugh everyday with the things 
she can remember, the words she tries to use, and her stories and phrases. 
We love her so much! 
She is a high energy, inquisitive, talkative, busy body and it has been so 
fun for me to watch her personality develop. 
I also need to sleep for 3 days straight.  
We didn't want to forget some of the funny things she has been saying
 so we started a quote jar and have been writing down our 
favorites over the past several months.
(DISCLAIMER: Some refer to Nate...specifically his body parts....but they 
were too funny not to include! Sorry Nate!)



12.04.13  (Telling me a story) "Once upon a time a little tiny penguin walked into the woods. 
The end."

12.09.13 For the first time she noticed her fingers looked and felt strange after getting out of the bathtub.  I told her that we call them pruney fingers and it happens sometimes when we stay in the water for a long time.  She got worried and tried to rub it off on her towel saying, 'Pruney fingers go away!!"

12.15.13 Nate was laying next to Mabel while she was falling asleep and she asked, "Daddy, sing me the temple wants pee pee song."  (she thinks inserting potty talk into random songs and sentences is pretty funny....I thought it didn't happen until 3rd grade!)

12.22.13 To Nate: "You're my best biggest daddy friend."

12.26.13 She loves for you to lay by her before bedtime and just "talk." She starts out by saying "So....." (and then she asks to talk about something that happened that day or week.  After the story ends she always says, "Talk more talking."

1.03.14 When she is playing with her doctor stuff and takes your temperature she looks at the thermometer and says its, "7, 8, 9 pounds." Every time.

1.04.14 Early morning:
Nate: "Bye Mabel, I love you.  I have to go to work."
Mabel: "AGAIN?!!"

1.08.14  When she wants to do something herself she says, "I GREAT DOING IT!" and "YEMME DO IT!"

She starting drawing faces and it's her
favorite thing to draw now. She draws them ALL the time and
I have started saving a few of my favorites.

1.12.14 (Sunday) Mabel ran up to Nate after sacrament meeting and said, "Mama feeling mad. I being a little stinker."

1.16.14 We were in the store and Mabel randomly lifted up my shirt saying she wanted to kiss baby brother.  After she kissed my belly I started to pull my shirt back down and she said, "No! Hug too!"

1.17.14 "Mama, your my best friend!"

1.18.14 Mabel was going pee first thing early in the morning when Nate woke up and came in.  We were all in the bathroom and she said, "Mama, daddy's penis is funny!"

1.21.14 Mabel said our family prayer this morning, "Bless my freckles, bless the baby, bless mama's back."  (my back is fine....???)

1.23.14 Mabel's eyes were crusty and goopy from her cold.  We were laying in her bed that night and she said, "Mama, why I have gunk in my eye?"

1.28.14 She woke up and was playing with two toys in her room (a monkey jack in the box, and this little house with locks and keys) and she was getting really frustrated that she couldn't figure out how to make them work.  I told her that they were both kind of hard toys that took a lot of practice to figure out.  She said, "Can you help me with these hard things?"

1.30.14  She calls Pirate's Booty, "Spider's Booty"

2.01.14 Laying next to her at bedtime, "Mama, you pet me and no stop?" (wanting me to rub her back)

2.03.14 At Grandpa's funeral, "Grandpa gets to have a long sleep in his treasure box."

2.03.14 In her nighttime prayers: "Thank you for the spirit.  Thank you Grandpa got to be in heaven."


2.07.14 Having quiet time in her bed and after about 30 minutes I hear her say really loud, "Trick or Treat mama! I have lots of caaaaaandy for you! Come in here and get your candy!"

2.19.14 We went to check out a dance class that she might go to this September and before we got out of the car she said, "Mom, I'm feeling a little bit nervous."

2.28.14 She has a hard time saying the letter "L" - While she was singing Baa Baa Black Sheep she said, "One for the Yittle boy who Yives down the Yane."



3.01.14 Mabel (while picking her nose): "Mama, I have a boogie in my nose."
            Me: "Did you get it out?"
            Mabel: "No, it's taking a nap with it's mama boogie."

The "FROZEN" soundtrack and movie are on repeat around here. 
I tried to get this without her knowing so please forgive the bumpy car
ride...we were on an awful road full of potholes and Nate 
was doing his best to navigate around them.

3.05.14  Playing with Aunt Kelsey downstairs and she pulled out the popping ball toy and says, "This toy is called balls go the weasel!"

3.07.14 Nana was sitting in the bathroom with Mabel while she was going potty.  Mabel leaned forward so the toilet lid hit her back and said, "Nana, I'm a turtle!"



3.08.14 Nate to Mabel:  "Hi cutie baby."
            Mabel to Nate:  "Hi cutie daddy."

3.09.14 At dinner: "Mama, your my best best best best best best best (43 times she said best, Nate counted) friend!!"

3.09.14 Nate trying to persuade Mabel to get her pajamas on for bed:
"No daddy, we have to get ready for the coronation!" (When Elsa gets crowned Queen in the movie Frozen.)

3.11.14 Aunt Kelsey was downstairs taking a bath with the door locked with Mabel came down and realized she couldn't open the door.  She put her mouth up to the crack and said, "Do you want to build a snowman?"

Everyday she asks to go outside and ride her tricycle.
She rides up to the mailbox and back and she can go pretty fast.
My baby is a big girl!

3.12.14 Mabel was crying because she tripped on her stool and she said, "Mama, I need a tissue for my raindrops." (her tears)

3.12.14 Mabel: "You come with me Aunt Kels?"
            Kelsey: "Where are we going?"
            Mabel: "To feel the Holy Spirit!"

3.13.14 We had been driving A LOT in the car today (mom to the airport, keys to daddy's office, drop off flyers, Target, TJ Max, Sweet Tomatoes) and by 8pm when we were driving home from returning our library books my brain was about to explode from the nonstop toddler talking in the car and I just needed some silence.  I said, "Mabel, sometimes we just sit in the car, look out the window, and think. So you need to look out the window and just think for awhile. (This was after she asked me for a toy, but then she realized it was too dark to see anything.)  Mabel, then looking out the window, said, "Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking.  Do you want to listen to the Let it Go song?"

3.15.14 On the way home from Wheeler Farm, "Mama, I'm a cow.  Can you milk me?"

3.15.14 To the tune of Book of Mormon stories, "Beet diggers, Beet diggers, Righteously." (We had driven past Jordan High School and their mascot is the beet diggers so Nate and I were discussing how interesting a beet digger is as a mascot.)

3.19.14 When I go into Mabel's room in the morning,
Mabel: "Hi Mama, is daddy here?"
Me:      "No, he had to go to work early."
Mabel:  "Again?!! But I LOVE HIM!"
Me:       "I know, I love him too."
Mabel:   "I want to go see Aunt Kels."
Me:       "Well, I don't think she is awake yet."
Mabel:   "What!? I have no friends!"

3.22.14  I don't like this celery, it's like seaweed.  (it was a stringy bite)



3.22.14 "Be careful with that daddy, it's fragile." (Nate was holding her little chicks in a nest that I always tell her to be careful with.)

3.26.14 Mabel's favorite game to play with Aunt Kelsey:
Mabel: "Hey Aunt Kels?"
Kelsey: "Hey Mabel?"
Mabel: "What?"
Over and over and over again.

3.29.14 We went to the zoo yesterday and this morning when Nate got out of the shower Mabel came into the bathroom and said, "Daddy, your penis looks kinda like an elephant trunk."

3.30.14 While trying to have Mabel focus on Jesus during our sacrament meeting I have recently been trying to have her look through some pictures of different scripture stories.  There was a picture of Jesus and she reached out her hand, I thought to touch his cheek or something, and instead she pretended to pinch his nose and she said, "Honk Honk, Beep Beep!"

6 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

Oh my goodness ... that made me laugh and cry all at the same time! I love every single thing about that little girl! Her little brain is so amazing and funny ... just like her Momma and Daddy! So glad that you wrote those things down. PRICELESS!!

Unknown said...

You're so good to write these down!!!!!

Jamie Dabo said...

Why am I unknown all of the sudden. What the heck?

Sarah Martindell said...

BAhahahahahahahahahahaha oh my gosh. These. Are. Hilarious. I could just die. Thank you for sharing them with us. She is so intelligent and inquisitive, like you said. Thanks for being honest, too, that sometimes your brain's about to explode from all the toddler talk.

What joy she must bring to your lives. And what patience she must teach you! Ha.

Thanks for brightening my day.

Lindsey said...

I as going to tell you a few of my favorites, but there were way too many by the end of the post! She is hilarious and so smart! I love that she knew the word coronation! And that video is adorable. Myah and Mabel should sing some Frozen songs at Easter.

dadrick said...

I love her so much.