Mabel graduated from her nursery class at church
to her new primary class for 3-4yr olds called,
"SUNBEAMS"!!
She was asked to give a talk to her junior primary group
and she was really excited about it. The topic was,
"Heavenly Father and Jesus Love Me."
Mabel and I talked about ideas and how God and Jesus
show us that they love us....here is the talk we came up with:
"Heavenly Father and Jesus Love Me.
They gave me my family, my friends, and this beautiful Earth.
I feel their love when I am kind.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
We printed out the talk with pictures so she could memorize it.
She had it memorized that day!
She would be sitting at her desk coloring
and practicing her talk. It was pretty sweet to hear.
When Mabel was ready to give her talk I was
going to go up to the microphone with her in case
she needed help, or moral support....but she told me she was
going up by herself and I needed to stay in my seat!
Typical Mabel!!! :)
Nate recorded it:
We were so proud of her,
and she was very proud of herself!
We are constantly amazed
at this confident, brave, inquisitive
little girl. She teaches us (and mostly me) how
to stop and see the world through little eyes that
are full of wonder and curiosity. Eyes that see mundane
tasks as exciting and fun. Her little (and usually big!) voice
reminds me to be kinder, slower, and more patient.
She is a little girl with big emotions... and sometimes
those emotions get the best of all of us. But most times they
cause me to fall asleep at night thinking about what
an interesting and unique little personality she is developing.
I pray every night for strength and guidance as I
parent her strong energetic spirit.
I want home to be a safe haven for her and
a soft place for her to fall.
Mabel really is a shining little sunbeam
that I love with all my heart!

6 comments:
Holy crap! That was awesome! She already has so many gifts. It will be a privilege to see how God uses the talents God has given her. Thank you for sharing some of your prayers for her life. What a blessing that Mabel was born into your loving arms! I also pray that God will help you nurture her spirit and have patience on the down days!
I am in tears as I read your post and see our sweet Mabel. We just can't wait to hug you all again and just play!!! Yes, Heavenly Father and Jesus truly does love her and all of us. We are witnesses to his blessings and love every single day on our mission. We love you, Grandma and Grandpa Tew
Mabel did amazing!!! That's so awesome that she memorized it! She is such a cute, sweet, smart girl!
She did awesome! How cute that she memorized it and wanted to do it by herself!
I too cried at you comments! I know how challenging she can be but I know she will go on to do great things because she has parents that believe in her and love her AND that
have the patience to guide her in that direction!
Isn't being a parent the hardest and most challenging thing ever? Yet even more rewarding and amazing at the same time? I often pray to be the best mom I can for my kids- you got Mabel and Mabel got you- because you both needed eachother. Loves!
Post a Comment