Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feline Fascination

Some recent pictures of the boys for grandma:

As I was leaving for work this morning both cats were enjoying their separate window seats:


Aren't those just the sweetest faces?



Since on occasion the cats have been known to take a nibble of my houseplants (CHARLIE!!) I decided I would try and grow them a little sweet greens treat made especially for cats. It shot up in just a few days and I was so excited for them to dig in! I placed it right in the middle of their food bowls and called them over to check it out. They sniffed it, stared at it, and that was that. Not even a taste! Charlie is afraid it could attack him at any moment and Fritz wishes it did something exciting.



5 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

Ohhh my baabbbbeeeees ... those are the cutest faces ever. I love the one of Charlie in the books! The grass looks amazing! Maybe you just need to give it some time and they'll start nibbling. Do you have to bring out the lawn mower soon to whack it off? Wish the boys could come with you for a visit to Grandma's house! But, I heard the Coyote's last night and wouldn't want to add them to the death toll.

A New Life Student said...

What sweet boys! I love the picture of Fritz's paws in your hands. The grass does look great....I can't even keep my herbs growing! Sorry they don't like it. Do you still have the venus fly trap? I'm still amazed by that thing!

Sycamore Girl said...

Oh no Jess. Are you going to be one of those crazy cat ladies? Please don't start hording.
You need a dog. :)
That video is really quite funny.

Sycamore Girl said...

Oh- I bet if you went to the pet store and bought a few mice and let them go in your house, your cats would eat them. You see Jess, sweet grass doesn't run or squeak.

The Tews said...

Oh my! Holly you are hilarious! I know, I have visions of having a farm some day and taking in all sorts of stray animals--once we get into a bigger place we are going to get a dog and I don't know how the cats will react to that!