A couple weekends ago Nate and I were nannying some cute kids and they really wanted to go to the zoo to see the baby elephant Zuri. Most of you know I'm not a huge fan of the zoo for various reasons; the main one being that I always feel sad when I see the big animals stuck in such small quarters...day in and day out - for the rest of their lives. I'm way sensitive!
Anyway, when I saw baby Zuri my heart melted! I can't remember the last time I saw a baby elephant and she was absolutely darling. Floppy ears, too much wrinkly skin, a chubby belly...and she acted just like a toddler! She was super curious and clumsy and put all sorts of things in her mouth, she would venture a few feet away from her mom and then run back for protection, and her trunk was too cute! We all thought she was adorable and had to go back by the elephant exhibit again before we left.

Anyway, when I saw baby Zuri my heart melted! I can't remember the last time I saw a baby elephant and she was absolutely darling. Floppy ears, too much wrinkly skin, a chubby belly...and she acted just like a toddler! She was super curious and clumsy and put all sorts of things in her mouth, she would venture a few feet away from her mom and then run back for protection, and her trunk was too cute! We all thought she was adorable and had to go back by the elephant exhibit again before we left.
3 comments:
Cute baby elephant, that middle picture reminds me of Dumbo when he holds his mom's trunk!
I would have loved to just stand them and watch them! It is so facinating to see something so big as an elephant be so gentle.
Oh how cute! I feel the same way about the zoo. It has brought me literally to tears looking at the poor animals. This baby elephant sure is cute though! Can I have one? MInus the poop of course!
Post a Comment