Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Smile Center 10k

Last Saturday I ran my first 10k with Sarah, Sarah, (and both their last names start with an M!), and Tammy. Tammy race-walked (which is awesome and hilarious at the same time) and me and the Sarahs stuck to the Jeff Galloway Plan.



It was a little chilly when we first got there but despite the forecast it didn't rain!! I had nightmares of me trying to run in a downpour wearing an over-sized poncho I purchased from the dollar store.

Our race packets were filled with lots of goodies:



We finished in just over an hour. I never thought I could really enjoy running but I had a blast jogging alongside these awesome gals.

I sprinted at the very end...


Isn't this picture of Sarah awesome?
I told her that it's going to be the next Wheaties box cover. Totally.
(man, why didn't I put my hands up? it looks so much cooler)


Post-Race Happy Faces


Yay! I did it!


Tried the free oxygen bar....interesting.

Enjoyed a free massage that I wanted to last forever...

Now we are going to train for a half marathon!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go Jess! I might have run too if I knew there was a massage waiting for me on the other end. Well, not really. Totally impressive!

Audy & Ash said...

Wow that is awesome! Great job... looks like it was way fun!

Val said...

That is awesome! Great job. Before I got pregnant I was training for a 10K... got to about 4.5 miles and hurt my ankle! I miss it. Are you eventually going to train for a marathon... I would like to someday... way down the road! :) I am impressed. Is that oxygen bar picture after the race? - Because you look way too good to have just finished running...

The Naylor Family said...

I would rather have a root canal without novacaine than run a marathon, half marathon, or even a 10K!!! However, I admire people who love it. It always looks like fun to me but the actually doing is another story! I'm glad you made the goal you set your mind (and feet) to accomplish! You've had a great couple of months!

Kensey said...

Great job! We should do a race together some time. I'm definitely doing a 10k, but my mom wants me to do a half marathon with her. We'll see if I can find the time with the kiddies...
You look so skinny!

A New Life Student said...

Hmmmm running 10ks now are we? Soon enough you will be taking over minnie fleas job. Way to go!