Sunday, September 12, 2010

Little Grand Canyon Half Marathon

We finished a 1/2 marathon!!!

Sarah, Tammy, Jessica

The course was through the Little Grand Canyon in Eastern Utah (also known as the San Rafael Swell or BuckHorn Wash). Beautiful red rock, pictographs, and lot of fresh air!

The race started just as the sun was coming up...
(it was around 38 degrees - I was freezing!)


Doing Sarah's 7 minute warm-up that included:

Jumping
(and trying to keep my hands warm)


Stretching


and squats
(while I was finishing my protein bar)


All set to run 13.1 miles!


The beginning...




halfway point...


neat pictographs around mile 8...


This is the marathon runner that passed us at mile 10 - crazy!
We cheered and shouted congrats as he went by.
(Just for the record, only two marathoners passed us)


the home stretch...


almost there...


We did it!


Time: 2:23:15


Thanks Nate for being my photographer and biggest fan!
I loved seeing your face at the finish line.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Jess that is awesome! I was running pretty well and then I took off a month and a half and I am struggling to get back into it-you may have just motivated me, you look great!

Andrea said...

That is amazing! You are amazing! It almost makes me want to start running.... almost. ;D

Val said...

You are my hero! After my 6 week check up... i am running again!! :)

A New Life Student said...

You did it!!! I am still so impressed! It looks like such a BEAUTIFUL run. Love those lunges, reminds me of certain time in Philly. You are amazing!

The Naylor Family said...

What a GREAT job!!! I can't believe that you can actually run 13.1 miles!! I can't even imagine that. So glad that you were able to do it and in such a beautiful place. Great pictures! CONGRATS!!!