Friday, December 2, 2011

30 is the new 20 right?



happy 30th birthday Nate!

We had a family birthday party for Nate at our house last weekend and it was so fun! About a month ago I asked Nate's parents, and his siblings, if they would each write a poem about Nate, their memories/stories etc and read it to him at the party. Everyone agreed and just as I suspected we have some awesome poets in the family! Plus, Kristy's poem was a song on the guitar that was absolutely hilarious. (complete with her husband Dave as prop guy!) Thanks everyone for making it such a great night!

We ate homemade soup in bread bowls and had cheesecake and banana splits for dessert. Mabel and I had fun decorating the basement with a big 30 in pictures and 30 balloons.













Nate blew out his 30 candles and it scared Mabel so bad!
She started bawling.
Old age really is frightening isn't it? ;)

2 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

Looks like it turned out so cute!! Sure wish we could have been there!

Allison said...

What a fun night! I may have to steal some of your ideas because Ben's 30th birthday is right around the corner.