Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Colorado Peeps Part 1 (of 2)


 part one

 My Colorado peeps came to visit, including my little sister and her husband! We had quite an eventful week. Started out with my grandpa getting sick and visiting the hospital; found out his heart is working at less than 20%. Not good! He had a heart attack 5 years ago and his health has been pretty rocky since then. We are just glad to spend as much time with him as we can.
 (No pictures of grandpa...he wasn't looking too pretty!)

 
 Saturday night our friends from Sweden, who were in the states on a cross country road trip, made their way to West Jordan for a visit! It was so great to chat and catch up with Terry and her two boys. Nate and I have added a trip to Sweden to our bucket list of travels! That night there were 10 people and two cats sleeping in my house.  I am so glad that we finally have the extra space, it was a lot of fun!


 Terry and her boys left Sunday morning and the rest of us went to the hospital to visit my grandpa.  He was really happy to have the family around him and to receive a preisthood blessing from my step-dad and Nate.  Right when we got there two of the main heart doctor's arrived and wanted to discuss things with my grandparents and their kids.  They basically told my grandpa that he is entering the final stages of this life.  Not exactly what you want to hear. My grandpa is so funny though, after the doctor's left the nurse brought in his lunch and he asked her if this was his last supper. Still has his sense of humor. LOVE YOU GRANDPA!

Grandma left the hospital for a few hours to come to the celebration. 

 The dinner was to honor the new bride and groom: Kelsey and Josiah!
Since they decided to get hitched without telling anyone (let's just say my mom had a bit of a hard time with that!) we thought that we would have a little after party for them with the family from Utah.

Tasty Cafe Rio style salads...
 

 and I made HORCHATA! Yum.
 

 Mabel in the Middle.

You can't get married without feeding each other cake right?

Josiah wasn't shy! How does that cake smell Kelsey?
 
 He got her good.

The next morning I picked a yellow bell pepper from our garden
 and Mabel begged for it!
I'm not going to argue with a girl who wants vegetables for breakfast.


 She carried around her prize!



Grandma Sherrill took Mabel out to play in the rain!
Even though it was sprinking it was still a million degrees out.
Mabel loved getting her feet wet.




Jacob, Nate and I stayed up one night playing Spicy Farkle. 
Jacob had an amazing 12,000 point roll!


We went up to Kamas and I took some pictures of Jacob for his yearbook shot.
A few of my favorites:

Plus some country lovin' shots:

 He was the cow whisperer.

 This one REALLY LIKED Jacob. Hence the drool.


How you doin'?

We also had some family pictures taken (see here) and then Kelsey and Josiah had to get back to Colorado for work.  We missed them the rest of the week!



Part 2: Camping
Coming Soon...










4 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

WOW...the TEW HOTEL looks like a HAPPENIN PLACE! We may need to book a staycation there sometime!

Looks like you all had a GREAT time!

Prayers to your Grandpa and Grandma. Not a fun chapter of life to go through!

The Dabo's said...

K I need to hear all about your sister eloping!

Little Beachs said...

I agree with Jamie!

Hope your enjoying normal life again!!

Michelle Kelly said...

I'm sorry about your grandma, I work in hospice so I know what your family is going through. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I also want to hear the elopement story!