On Valentine's Day we picked up my mom from the airport and drove to the dialysis center where my grandparents were spending a super romantic afternoon! Not. (Grandpa has dialysis 3 x each week) My mom came out for the weekend to stay in Kamas and help my grandparents while my grandma had to be on strict bed-rest for 24 hours after having a shot in her back for some severe pain that has been bothering her.
Great Grandma Naylor and Nana Naylor gave Mabel lots of Valentine goodies!
Mabel was over the moon for this heart shaped sucker.
Great Grandma Naylor and Nana Naylor gave Mabel lots of Valentine goodies!
Mabel was over the moon for this heart shaped sucker.
After dialysis we stopped at Rumbi for an early dinner and Nate met us there after he got off work.
When we finished dinner we decided to stop and say hi to our midwife who was having a little Valentine open house where clients and their kiddos could come say hi and decorate some sugar cookies. (her office is right down the road from Rumbi)
Right before we left Rumbi I went to change Mabel's diaper and realized I had NO MORE diapers in my diaper bag. Nate said, "Wow. That is so unlike you."
I know, right?!!
I know, right?!!
If she was just wet I would have let it go until we got home but it was a stinker.
My mom and I decided we would change her and then create a makeshift diaper from toilet paper and paper towels (It really did sounds like a decent idea then) since all we were just going to stop and say hi to our midwife and then head home.
Mabel was a champ and didn't even flinch at her toilet paper diaper
and we headed out. Well....apparently we didn't pad the front enough because when we got her out of her car seat she looked like this:
and we headed out. Well....apparently we didn't pad the front enough because when we got her out of her car seat she looked like this:
Business in the back, pee in the front.
But never fear when you are at a birthing center! Rebecca only had newborn size diapers but she did have some sweet granny underoos that she let Mabel have so she could still play and not get her pee pants on everything.
Good times everybody!
2.15.13
OVERNIGHT GETAWAY!!
Our first overnight away (alone) since Mabel was born.
Waaaaaaaaaay overdue.
We checked into our hotel...
...and headed to our dinner reservation at The Roof restaurant
which is on the top floor of the beautiful Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Oh hello view!
We got to enjoy a romantic dinner overlooking the
Salt Lake City temple where we were married.
In the center of the restaurant there is a glass piano and it was
really lovely to have live piano music in the background.
The only bummer and it was a big bummer: the food.
It was really mediocre for the price.
It's a buffet, but still. I have been to a few pretty awesome buffets (think Vegas!)
and The Roof's buffet was pretty sad. Small selection, nothing too fancy,
and nothing that really stood out. The desserts were very pretty but weren't that tasty either.
The best part of my meal was my passion fruit Italian soda!
Oh well, live and learn!
(but what a view from our table huh?)
The next morning we went to The Sanctuary and had a couple's massage.
I wish we could do that every. single. day.
(thanks for the recommendation Megan!)
I wish we could do that every. single. day.
(thanks for the recommendation Megan!)
After the massage they brink you drinks, chocolates,
and a slice of cheesecake to share while you get to soak in this awesome tub.
Our next house is definitely going to have a tub like this.
Thank you to Nate's parents and my sister-in-law Kristy
who took care of Mabel so we could enjoy a great weekend!
who took care of Mabel so we could enjoy a great weekend!















4 comments:
The hand-made diaper story still cracks me up! What were we thinking??? Wow the view from your table WAS awesome ... sure miss Salt Lake sometimes. Too bad the food didn't match with the view and beauty of the place :( However, looks like the SPA made up for it! Gotta go check out the Chinese massage place here ... not quite the same as your spa but will feel really good!!!
And this is the story of how baby number 2 was conceived.......
I LOVE that you think toilet paper is SUPER absorbant! It's probably beacuse it wasn't Charmin Ultra.
Sorry for the Roof recommendation!
I guess I am easily pleased!
Or maybe the piano puts me into a trance and I can't tell what the food tastes like!
Either way....I can't wait to see your CUTE baby in 9 months!
Handmade diaper! That's funny!
Post a Comment