We spent Friday the 10th up in Kamas hanging out with Grandpa Naylor while my Grandma went to Provo for her annual heart exam. She had been having some chest pain, and tingling fingers and was anxious to make sure things were okay.
Mabel and Grandpa had lunch together...
tray tables and bibs for both of them! :)
Grandpa and I played Rummy while Mabel napped.
My grandpa taught me to play rummy when I was little and I have always loved playing it with him.
It's hard for him to see the cards now (his little lamp helps) but he still manages to win almost every time! He is a rummy master!
(and an Ace hog)
Grandma came home with bad news, they thought she might have several blocked arteries and wanted her to come back early the next morning so they could do a heart cast and investigate further. Nate drove up Friday after work and we decided to spend the night so I could drive my grandma to the hospital in Provo Saturday morning and Nate and Mabel could take my grandpa to Dialysis in Murray.
Mabel had fun taking a bath in grandma's sink!
Snuggle before bed:
We got to her appointment at 7:30am and my cousin Tyler and his girlfriend Tiffany met us there. Grandma got all prepped and ready and got to Skype with my Aunt Koreen for a little bit.
The nurse tried and tried (OUCH!) to get the IV in but had no luck. She called in another nurse to try and she burst one vein had to call in the main nurse supervisor who finally got it to work. Poor grandma was a trooper and her arms were already starting to bruise. They finally wheeled her to surgery around 11:00am. Around 11:45am her doctor came out and told us that her large left artery was 90% blocked and they were putting a stent in. He said besides that her heart looked good and she should be feeling perfectly fine in a few days. She would have to spend the night at the hospital and could go home Sunday morning. We were so glad they caught it before it turned into a heart attack!
Tyler and Tiffany stayed with grandma and I left to drive to Murray to check on Grandpa at Dialysis (he has to be there for about 4 hours) and to let him know how grandma was doing. He was so worried, and grandma was so worried about him. These two sure love each other. He was so relieved to hear that grandma was doing fine! My Aunt Kristy picked him up from Dialysis and took him back to Kamas. She stayed the night with him. Thanks Aunt Kristy!
Nate and I had signed up for a babysitting fundraiser for Saturday night with the Young Women from our church. I thought we would just cancel since we needed to be in Kamas but with my Aunt Kristy there we were good to go! After a long day it was nice to have a little dinner date together.
(sushi at Sakana)
When we came to pick up Mabel she didn't want to leave!
She had so much fun playing and kept saying "more!"
Thank you Young Women and leaders!
Love my colored flower and poem.
Since it was Mother's Day Nate didn't have any early morning church meetings Sunday. He and Mabel made me an awesome french toast breakfast! After church we headed back up to Kamas. Tyler and Tiffany picked up my grandma from the hospital and we had a nice Mother's Day dinner with the family. My cousin Anthony and his wife Ashley were visiting from Georgia too.
Anthony, Grandpa, Nate and I in a Rummy Showdown
I made creme brulee for everyone.
It is one of my favorite desserts!
Mabel and I decided we would stay over Sunday night
so my grandma could rest Monday.
so my grandma could rest Monday.
Breakfast with grandpa:
We got out some of grandma's old toys -
LITE-BRITE!
I loved this as a kid.
Applesauce snack
My grandma's neighbor Destry let us see her son's pet turtle.
Meet Larry.
Mabel sleeps with her stuffed animal turtle every night
so it was pretty normal for her to want to kiss Larry.
Rummy on the patio while Mabel napped.
CHECK OUT MY HAND!!!
I was dealt these beauties and I won big time.
Grandpa was not happy.
Mabel and I went to pick up some dinner and to
check out the new Kamas playground.
Swings sure make this girl happy.
After dinner we all got a water pedicure from Mabel:
Grandma first:
Then me:
Mabel wanted to take off grandpa's socks and slippers
but we finally persuaded her to give a manicure instead:
Last but not least, herself!
We decided to stay another night so we could help take my grandpa to Dialysis Tuesday. It was a good thing we stayed too because my grandma woke up with flu like symptoms Tues morning and needed to stay home. Their sweet neighbor Cindy drove to Salt Lake and brought grandpa home when he was done.
Right before bath Monday night Mabel went streaking out the front door!
That country Kamas air makes you feel FREE!
I'm happy to report my grandma is feeling so much better. I am so glad we were able to come help and I am so thankful for family and close family friends that are always so willing to help my grandparents whenever they need them. Sweet neighbors check in on them, take their garbage out (they have a loooooong steep hill of a driveway), and are always willing to go above and beyond.
Thank you so much!



















.jpg)






3 comments:
WOWZA!! You should be called NURSE BETTY!
I'm so glad you were able to go help your grandparents when they needed you most!
WOW, Grandma is one LUCKY Lady!! Sure glad she was proactive about her chest pains!
Mabel's little BUTT cheeks are too cute! She must get those from her Mom!
And our Sushi lunch date needs to be penciled in! It looks DELISH!
That was a GREAT post Jess! I am SOOOO thankful for all you guys did to help Grandma and Grandpa when we couldn't be there! Playing Rummy with Grandpa made him so happy, I'm sure!
Your grandparents are so sweet. I'm glad you could help them and that everything turned out fine. Looks like Mabel really enjoyed herself!
Post a Comment