A few weeks ago I took Mabel to get her
first official haircut.
first official haircut.
As you can tell she was a bit overdue:
Business in the front:
Business in the front:
Serious party going on in the back.
We went to Cookie Cutters, a cute hair cut place just for kids.
I thought for sure she wouldn't have any issues with getting her haircut.
I trim her bangs all the time and it never bothers her.
She made herself right at home and was sliding and pointing out all the colors.
The second I tried to put her in the little pink car seat she started crying.
Hysterically.
I think it was the little car she was afraid of. I think she thought it was going to start moving.
Hysterically.
I think it was the little car she was afraid of. I think she thought it was going to start moving.
The stylist was really sweet and patient...she gave her a sucker, tried blowing some bubbles,
gave her toys, even turned on a TV show. Bless her soul.
gave her toys, even turned on a TV show. Bless her soul.
She calmed down after a few minutes but was still pretty uneasy.
She wouldn't sit down and I was kneeling there hugging/holding her the whole time.
The stylist just kept telling her she was so brave and was doing a great job.
The stylist just kept telling her she was so brave and was doing a great job.
Poor thing, I thought she would have a great time.
Looks like I will be cutting her hair at home from now on!
All trimmed and probably scarred for life.
This is going to come up in therapy when she is in her 30s!








4 comments:
Wow, that place looks like a child's wonderland! I'd like my hair cut there! Sorry it was scary for her...Myah would be the same.
Poor baby ... such a SAD face!!! Maybe it was the little car she was afraid of. Don't cut her hair at home, that would probably be MORE of a therapy topic in later years!
That was a good one Grandma! Haha...
Poor Mabel!
Give her a few months and she'll be back on the saddle!...or pink car.
I laugh at this! Only because I've been there!
Post a Comment