When we bought this house it had been empty for several years. The front and back yards had been seriously neglected and we knew we were going to have to do a lot of work to get things looking good again. We made a list of "wants" & "needs" and have been slooooowly crossing things off those lists. Here is a little outdoor progress report:
before
a few weeks after we moved in
October 2011
Nate mowed the lawn so short so the weeds kind of looked like grass.
after
May 2013
new sod, curbing, replaced a few dying bushes, trimmed trees
before
during
dug out the hideous cemetery fence & planted trees
new curbing and ripped out dying tree in the corner
after
hello new dwarf cherry tree!
(and LOTS of plants and ground cover that I would would grow faster)
(and LOTS of plants and ground cover that I would would grow faster)
both my hired helpers are pretty cute:
before
after
yay for awning shade!
before
after
this was such a quick project,
i wish we would have done it sooner...
it looks so much better!
In between all the before and afters there were:
sprinkler problems
(Nate has worked so hard on our sprinklers and drip system -
I think he was having sprinkler nightmares. We are beyond thrilled
that everything is done.)
voles
dead weed lawn
(sorry neighbors!)
no gate where our hose spigot is
(now there is a gate)
more sprinkler issues
(thanks for all your help Rick & Georiga!)
chicken idea put on hold and the
coop moved to the side of the house
and some late night projects.
Not to mention dozens of trips to Lowes!
Not to mention dozens of trips to Lowes!
We had a family BBQ on Memorial day (post soon to come)
and we are looking forward to spending a lot more time in our backyard!
It's going to be a great summer.
PS: My garden has only been planted for a month and
it is growing so well!
(Despite the entire row of beans that Nate dug up
when we was burying the sprinkler.)
5/09/13
5/31/13
it is growing so well!
(Despite the entire row of beans that Nate dug up
when we was burying the sprinkler.)
5/09/13
5/31/13
I also planted strawberries and cucumbers along the side of the fence here.
Can't wait until that cherry tree grows and gives us some privacy!
One of the downsides to living in the burbs.
4 comments:
I am so jealous! I love your yard. You guys did a fantastic job on it all! I am missing a good yard right now where I can send my kids out to play and not have to worry about a moose coming through the yard! JK, it is pretty fun to see the Moose, but it would be nice for them to have a place to play too. Love you guys and can't wait to see you!
Great pictures! It is amazing how much you have done and how BAD it looked before! You are lucky to have that Handyman, Nate! Can't wait to come and visit! Hopefully soon!!!
Beautiful! Your thumb must be getting greener because your yard is looking amazing!!
Looks AWESOME! I love the deck stair's transformation!
Can't wait for Cherries!! Yum!
Post a Comment