...Orson Pratt House...
Instead of driving straight home from California we decided to
break it up and spend a few nights in St. George.
It was the perfect ending to our trip.
We stayed at a bed and breakfast called Green Gate Village Inn.
Our room was in the Orson Pratt House - built in 1862!
This is how you check-in. Loved it.
We were really excited because Mabel had her own room!
We got to stay up and watch a movie without worrying about waking her up.
The little nook by our bed...
...the phone actually worked!
Mabel loved the big tub. She wasn't too sure of the jets though.
We stayed for two nights and breakfast each morning was served
in the Garden Room of the Bentley House.
...Town Square Park...
On Saturday we had no plans...just to relax and soak up our last day.
We walked across the street to play in the water and ride the carousel.
It was only mid morning and it was SO HOT!
Oh you know, just washing her big toe.
I snapped a few pictures before I pretty much laid down in the
shallow water next to Mabel. Did I mention it was hot?
I am a heat wimp.
The carousel was $1 per adult and kids under 42" ride free.
We started out in the seats...
...then on the next ride she was ready for a horse!
Then on our 3rd time I asked her if she wanted the seat or the horse.
She chose the seat. Those horses are pretty wild!
By the time we were done riding the carousel I was parched.
(and hot)
We walked back across the street to the old general store.
Bins of old fashioned candy and rows of bottled soda.
I got some Kickapoo Joy Juice...tasted like Mountain Dew.
...St. George Temple...
After we all took a nap (that was glorious!)
we drove over to see the temple.
Of course we had to stop at Swig first to get
some cold beverages.
Mabel is ready to go with Grandpa and Grandma Tew
when they leave for Austria in October!
Mabel thought the Christus was pretty neat.
Hearing her little voice say Jesus melted my heart.
At the visitor's center we watched a short video about families.
Nate and I were both crying like babies!
We are abundantly blessed in so many ways and sometimes
it's overwhelming to think of how lucky we are.
We are so grateful for the privilege of parenting
this sweet little girl.
...Homeward Bound...
We made it home and Fritz and Charlie
(and Elisha) were very happy to see us.
(and for a while the thought of getting back the car,
even to go to the grocery store, made me and Mabel cringe.)

















2 comments:
How sad is it that I teared up just reading that you were crying.
I have PROBLEMS!!
Your stay at the Bed and Breakfast looked FUN!
And I am a SERIOUS HEAT SNOB!
I hate the feeling of HOT Suffocation!
What a wonderful way to end your trip ... while the Grand Canyon was pretty GRAND to see on our way home, you look like you had much more fun! What a fun place!
Post a Comment