Monday, January 6, 2014

...christmas eve...


My mom, my step-dad Kriag, and younger brother 
Jacob drove out to Utah to spend Christmas with us - 
YAY!!!
We spent Christmas eve in Kamas with my grandparents,
my Aunt Kristy, and a few cousins.

The love that Mabel has for her Uncle Jacob
is the sweetest thing. She has always had a special bond with
him and I love watching them interact. 
He would go downstairs to get a drink, or go to the bathroom
and Mabel would come running to me asking where
he went. I'm hoping Jacob wants to move to Utah 
and become our nanny. Please Jacob, I'm begging you,
at least for the winter!



When I was a kid my grandma would always makes
pounds of sugar cookie dough for me and my cousins
so we could cut out cookies and decorate them.  
We are carrying on that tradition...
but instead of quadrupling the recipe we just made
one batch for Mabel and Jack.
(Santa doesn't need the extra sugar cookie calories!)


Just a FEW sprinkles:





Mabel got some new doctor stuff
that she was very excited about.  She 
has been pretty obsessed with playing doctor
for a few months now since she had
her last vaccines.  She pretends she
is "Marci" our pediatrician's nurse.
(The one who gave her the shots.)


She helped everyone open their gifts:


  Grandma & Grandpa tried to stump
us again this year with a tricky plastic maze
with money inside that had to be solved 
in order to get the money out.
Nate got it first and I was second!
(Usually I am always last at figuring
out Grandma's clever puzzles.)


On the drive home we 
experienced a Christmas 
miracle....something
that hasn't happened for over 
two looooooong years...

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V



Mabel fell asleep
in her carseat!!!!!
Poor thing was exhausted from waking up at 
the crack of dawn, refusing to take a nap, and being
part of all the Christmas festivities. Instead of 
tap dancing in the backseat while yelling at the
top of her lungs - like she normally does when 
she is tired in the car - she just shut her eyes
and fell asleep.  Nate and I were in shock 
and I kept turning around to see if it was 
really true or if maybe she was just faking it
and her eyes would pop open and she would yell,
"Gotcha Ya Suckers!" 
But she didn't. She slept all the way home and
Nate and I got a glimpse into what life is 
like for most parents whose children
sleep in the car.
Heaven.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! Hopefully Mabel sleeping in the car is something that will last. I love her cookie...it was tricked out!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

That last picture is PRICELESS!! I LOVE that you can call that your Christmas Miracle!
A MIRACLE indeed!
YAY for family being in town!