Monday, June 8, 2015

sunday.may.tenth.



Nate didn't have any morning church meetings - 
YAAAAAAAAY!!!! He got up with the kids and made
me a tasty breakfast in bed!


Mabel was beyond excited to give me her
present. Nate took her to paint something
at Color Me Mine (since I loved my butterfly
birthday dish she made there last year!) and now I have
a cute mug too. :) She did really well at keeping the mug
a secret even though I know it was super hard for her.

Nate got me this necklace that I
absolutely LOVE! Since I am currently having
some sort of allergic reaction to my wedding ring
(trace amounts of nickel in white gold?) it's nice
to wear a piece of jewelry from the Mr.
I am really bummed about my wedding ring though.

After my lovely breakfast I was getting ready for church
(I had to speak!) making sure my bread was sliced (I signed
up to bake bread for the sacrament), getting kids and the diaper bag ready, 
AND THEN THIS HAPPENED:
 
Kelsey came upstairs saying that there was water in her room!
AGGGHHH!! We had lots of rain the night before and I guess
our sump pump couldn't keep up with the ground water, or maybe we 
have a weird downspout pipe issue...we still aren't sure but
her room was a soggy sad mess. This was at noon, our church 
starts at one. Good times!!
We got all of her stuff out and piled into the living
room and luckily nothing was damaged.

Nate called one of his contractors who typically doesn't work on Sundays,
but just so happened to be finishing a project at a house that was only
five minutes away from us. What a blessing.  He came right over 
and pulled up all the carpet and got his big fan drying the floor.
We left for church with our carpet drying on the driveway.
 

PS: Our condo also had major roof issues and 
severe water damage a few weeks before...
such a headache!! 
 Rain rain go away! Well, stay because we need
water. But just not in our houses please.

Jill, Jamie, and Jessica!
The bishopric's wives were the speakers at 
church...I love these gals.  

Came home and promptly got right back into 
my jammies! Nate got home earlier than usual from 
church and grilled an awesome dinner.
Minus the basement water issue I could really
get used to this kind of Sunday!

Have to give a shout out to my mama Sherrill!
I love you mom and I am so grateful to talk to you 
everyday and have you as my support, strength,
and example. 
"Perhaps the reason we respond so universally to our mothers' love is because it typifies the love of our Savior.  As President Joseph F. Smith said, 'The Love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love.' " (Bradley D. Foster)
(weren't the 80s so good?)

Elder M Russel Ballard tells us to recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction.

He will tend his flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in his arms; He will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. ~ Isaiah 40:11

No comments: