Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The ACTUAL Bdays

ELLIOTT
May 26th
Elliott got to celebrate with his one year check-up.
(average weight, off the charts height!)

He was not a fan of the crinkle paper this time
and he would not sit in one spot.  It didn't help that
we had to wait FOREVER! 

He had to get shots and his pediatrician 
said he has eczema. WHAT? I knew he had really
sensitive skin but eczema sounds so awful!
You can see the red spots
on his back. He has them on his chest, arms,
and legs too. It got really bad a few weeks ago but
we changed detergents, and soaps and have
been lathering him with an eczema salve 
(coconut oil with lavender, melaleuca, and frankincense) 
and it's finally getting better!  I have read online that eczema 
can be an outward appearance of internal issues such as allergies 
to dairy or wheat.  The only problem is that he is such 
a picky eater and LOVES yogurt so we can't give
 that up quite yet. 

Playing with his birthday present from Aunt
Koreen - he pushes the siren button
over and over again!


Of course he had to have another cupcake
on his actual birthday!

 

 



I wanted to lick that frosting off his cute ONE YEAR old face!



MABEL
May 28th
We woke up on Mabel's birthday and our FIRST strawberry
was ripe! I barely got a picture before she popped it right in her mouth!

She had her preschool graduation program that morning:


"Pluto used to be the last planet but scientists decided
it was too small to be a planet. It is a ball of icy rock."



Thanks for a great year Miss Amanda!

After lunch at Zupas she wanted to come home
to play with Reese so that is what we did!

KITCHEN


PLAYDOUGH

WATER BALLOONS


We started out with regular water balloons but then I realized
I had some bigger balloons in my party stuff...we filled 
them up until they were HUGE! The girls loved it.


Reese and the big daddy balloon!



The decided that getting their swim suits on was a good idea!



Hot chocolate and popcorn birthday snack:

Mabel has been wanting to try her bike without her training wheels
and she and Nate went out to practice.
She got the hang of it so fast, WAY TO GO MABEL!


We ended the night with some tasty Yogurtland.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
TO MY BABIES!

1 comment:

The Naylor Family said...

The have really grown. I can't believe how big Mabel is! The time went by way to fast. What cute pictures of both of them .... you will be so glad that you have been documenting their little lives. They will love to look back on these memories.