Hurray for this historic day! As I was driving home from school I was listening to a segment on NPR about the Obama collectibles that people were selling at the inauguration. My favorite was a clip of a man selling Obama air fresheners--he said, "Get an Obama air freshener....you open it up and it smells like hope!" I had to laugh but it's true! We are all hoping for a better world, hoping the economy will improve, hoping for the war to end, and hoping for people to have food on their table and a roof over their head. As far as electing the first bi-racial president goes... it really put things into perspective for me when Obama stated that, "...a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath." We certainly have come a long way and still have a long road ahead of us. Here is a big toast to Hope, and to President Obama!!
2 comments:
I thought the "collectibles" thing was crazy! Didn't hear the one about the air freshner! I'm sure putting my faith in Pres. Obama and the promise that he smells like hope and won't end up stinkin' down the road!!
I like that. Reminds me of when we were little and complaining of the smell of the pulp mill and Grandpa Raym taking a big breath and saying, "smells like money to me!" Wonder what all our grandparents would think!
Post a Comment