In the summer of 2006 Nate and I lived in Philadelphia for the summer. One weekend we decided to take the hour train ride to New York to do some sight seeing with the Millers. I'll never forget going to Ground Zero and seeing flowers and candles and notes to lost loved ones all along the fence. I stopped to look at one and it was a Father's Day card from a child - it just said, "Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you and miss you." It made the tragedy so real for me. My heart goes out to all those who lost people they loved and cared about. Remember every day is precious!
1 comment:
I will never forget that either. On 9/11 I spent the day thinking about how I would explain what happened that day to Julia when she was older. How sad it will be for her to find out how much evil and hatred there is in our world. I thought of that same sweet letter and flowers we saw and then tried to imagine how you would explain to your child that their father died that terrible day. I loved your memory.
Post a Comment