Thursday, December 8, 2011

Making a Baby....

...a baby's food that is! (GOTCHA!)

we got a cool baby food maker from Grandma Sherrill and I tested it out last week:

sweet potatoes steaming


it purees nice and smooth


here is Mabel waiting for her food...
she had a mild fever (teething) and didn't feel great
but still managed to smile for the camera.
i love her hair in this picture.



ready for applesauce


why haven't I ever made my own applesauce before?
it's so easy and tasty.
i like to keep some in the fridge and freeze some too.
i had to make another batch a few days later because
when I would feed it to Mabel I would end up eating it too.

yum!


mabel's first food was a banana, then avocado, then sweet potato.
she has now had butternut squash, peas, broccoli, pears, brown rice cereal, prunes, applesauce, carrots and apricots.

trying sweet potato


avocado


licking her plate clean!


2 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

Hooray ... good healthy food! Glad that you figured out how to use it and that Mabel approves. What a cute face ... is it just me being her Grandma or is she REALLY just the cutest baby ever?????

Allison said...

You are so good to make your own baby food! I was just too lazy and fed Nixon store-bought baby food. Hmm, maybe that's why h's such a picky eater now. Mabel is so cute, can't believe how big she is getting!