Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Festivities Part I

This year we had a few big events to celebrate: Mabel's 1st Christmas and our 1st Christmas in our new house! Nate hung some lights outside, we got a skinny tree off KSL ($25 yay!), and I put up our decorations.





After some begging and pleading my mother-in-law let me have (for the time being) her cherished aluminum tree that belonged to her grandparents. As a girl she would go over to their house each year and set it up for them. Isn't it darling? I put some of my vintage ornaments on it, several of which belonged to my Great Grandma Eula.



We started the month by having Nate's combined company party at our house. We had almost 40 people in the basement! It was cozy but fun. I was super busy and didn't even get out my camera once that night. Sad. But we had a tasty catered dinner, lots of fun games, and I think everyone had a good time.

Then on the 23rd we had our Christmas celebration with the Tew family...



Mabel and Myah were both pretty mesmerized by the ceiling fan:


Group shot of all the grandkids:


My poor baby! She was DONE with picture time.


Georgia and Rick always have a fun evening planned complete with lots of food, treats and all sorts of games. We played all our annual favorites - picture matching, bingo, candy bar circle, and our white elephant gift exchange.




Nate and I were very pleased with the white elephant gifts we received!

awesome creepy maid thing




and who doesn't want a hamburger pillow?


sweet cousin Myah just chillin'


We had a great time, as usual! We decided to spend the night and in the morning Mabel got to open her present from Rick & Georgia.



But mid present she had to take a break to poo:


Grandma also had a fun new toy for Mabel - a saucer!


Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Tew!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I'm kind of a blogger stalker... Your baby girl is adorable... That is all...:) staci Winterton sargent

The Naylor Family said...

Cute post!!! Did you put it back in December? How come it shows up on top? Anyway, I love all the pictures and just a brief description ... makes it fun to look at and LOVE the pictures of Mabel ... the best subject EVER!!!