mabel is eleven months old today and i think this has been my favorite month so far.
for starters: the teeth, the hair, the chubby little fingers...
it's no wonder i take a million pictures of her.
she loves making goofy faces...takes after her parents
her favorite toy right now is this little piano
she enjoys tupperware parties and electric guitars
she has become a peek-a-boo pro
the minute i tell her not to put something in her mouth guess what she does?
now that she has started pulling herself up she is into EVERYTHING!
it hasn't bothered me too much though, i love watching her explore.
i have just started trying to give her whole milk in a sippy cup and she won't take more than a sip. she takes a drink, makes a face, and throws her cup. bummer. i was hoping to start weaning her but i guess it is going to take longer than i thought. a friend suggested mixing breast milk and whole milk together and then slowing putting in more and more whole milk. but that would mean i would have to pump and i hate pumping. so i'm not quite sure what to do because i am ready for a little freedom. but in the meantime, i'll just keep taking pictures of this sweet little face.
8 comments:
So... Yes I am kind of a random blog stalker but just wanted to tell you that since my son is sensitive to dairy he drink Vanilla Almond Milk. I started giving my 9 month old the same stuff and she loves it. You have to be careful if you have any family allergies in your family but it's really sweet like breast milk so they usually like it. Sadie would not take formula or any other type of milk so this has been a lifesaver. I still nurse her quite frequently but I can at least leave for a couple hours without bringing her along.... I plan to try whole milk when she gets closer to one and see ow that goes... Staci Winterton Sargent
She is adorable Jessica! Can we hook Marcus and Mabel up right now!
I am in love with the last picture! She has the cutest little face. I kind of want to smack it!
She is adorable! She is at a fun stage.... busy, inquisitive, yet still cuddly!
I too am loving the hair! She has the cutest little face and I can't believe how big she has gotten. Good luck with the weaning, she'll get it eventually :)
She is so cute!!! She is at a fun stage and I just can't believe that she is almost a ONE YEAR OLD!!! Enjoy every minute because once she starts walking/running time really goes by fast! I need more Mabel time ... can't wait until July ... might need to make a June trip!!!
I agree with Staci- cows milk was not really designed for anyone but cows...I have never pushed the stuff in my home and didn't give my kids a bottle after they were weened from me. I know there is a lot of information out there. But it seems counter-productive to the term "weened". Off the boob onto a bottle or sippy?...Off the boob and be done. Of course a yummy high calorie drink is helpful but in all honesty, not really necessary. (Though your ped may say otherwise.) Water works. We drink Almond Milk here, unsweetened and it does the trick to satisfy our need for "milk". (cooking, over cereal or just to drink, with all and more of the nutrients of cows milk)
Give it a try and do some reading about the adverse effects of cows milk on our bodies.
As far as weening...let me know how you end up doing it because Henry is almost two and wont give it up! :)
Nothing but love, Jess!
Oh she is beautiful! I can't get enough of these pictures. Enjoy every single second of this stage because it passes so quickly. But the good thing is every stage they get to, you decide it's your favorite.....(except moments of 2!)
Post a Comment