Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy St. Pats!


Nate and I got to cross a New Year's Resolution off our list - 
we ran a 5k together!
I ran this particular 5k with a friend several years ago and it was really fun.  
People aren't afraid to get in touch with their inner Irish 
and there were some awesome costumes! 

We ran behind this shaggy leprechaun(?) lady 
so I had to get a picture with her after.
She said it got a little warm under all that.
And who doesn't love a creepy green guy?




Of course there was a piper! 
Who needs Rhianna when you have bag pipes to pump you up?!


We finished in 32.28...
not too bad since there was way more uphill than I remembered!


{3.17.13}
On Sunday we had our friends the Walters over for dinner.
Unfortunately, we all wore green so there was no pinching that took place,
but we still had a great time!


I picked up a few paper plates, cups, and napkins from Michael's.
Their St. Patrick's Day stuff was all 50% off last week.
I'd say it was the luck o' the Irish in our favor! har har


Janai sent me a link to this cute rainbow fruit tray.
I made it and only ate a pound of fruit and "gold" in the process.


We had green pasta alfredo, green garlic bread, 
and salad with green ranch.
Janai brought mint limeade, key lime pie, and some 
green shamrock rice krispy treats.
Everything was green and tasty!

Erin go bragh!

5 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Glad you guys crossed the RUN off your list! Looks like FUN!
That woman had to have looked HILARIOUS while running in that getup!
CUTE St. Patty's Day dinner spread!
Looks YUM!

Lindsey said...

Fun! Great job on the run and green wigs! That rainbow fruit and gold tray is such a good idea. Did you ever end up making corned beef?

The Naylor Family said...

The fruit tray is SO CUTE! That looked like such a fun dinner ... is the "wreath" made out of green straws? Cute!

Walter Family said...

You guys looked great for the 5K! How fun!! Thanks again for dinner! You had everything so cute and perfect for St. Patrick's Day!!!

Heather Williams said...

I didn't realized that people were so into St Pats. day that they would dress up to run. I bet that made the run really entertaining.

That fruit looks yummy!