{part one}
The first weekend in April we don't attend church, instead we watch General Conference. It is held twice a year (first weekend in October too) at the beautiful conference center in downtown Salt Lake City. The conference is broadcast by satellite to 96 countries around the world. It's free to get tickets to attend but I think a lot of people prefer staying in their jammies and watching at home. The speakers all come from the leadership of our church and the topics all vary. One talked that really touched me was this one by Rosemary M. Wixon entitled,
"The Words We Speak":
"The Words We Speak":
Some of my notes:
children find joy in life's little pleasures - I want to journal more about Mabel's daily adventures, children come to this earth ready to listen, it's time for me to spend more time technologically disconnected, what would I say to Mabel in 25 words?, what distractions can I eliminate?
"To speak to a child's heart, we must know a child's needs. If we pray to know those needs the very words we may say have the power to reach into their hearts."
"Precious moments of opportunity to interact and converse with our children dissolve when we are occupied with distractions."
children find joy in life's little pleasures - I want to journal more about Mabel's daily adventures, children come to this earth ready to listen, it's time for me to spend more time technologically disconnected, what would I say to Mabel in 25 words?, what distractions can I eliminate?
"To speak to a child's heart, we must know a child's needs. If we pray to know those needs the very words we may say have the power to reach into their hearts."
"Precious moments of opportunity to interact and converse with our children dissolve when we are occupied with distractions."
"SIMPLY TURN EVERYTHING OFF."
I picked up a few prints at the Bijou Market in Provo last weekend to
help me remember some goals I set.
My talented friend Aubry has beautiful handwriting and was selling these lovely prints:
I also enjoyed Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk:
Will do.


3 comments:
"To speak to a child's heart, we must know a child's needs. If we pray to know those needs the very words we may say have the power to reach into their hearts."
Was my favorite quote of the entire weekend.
Her talk was my all time favorite! And something I needed to hear!
I love those prints by Aubrey. So amazing! Good post. :)
Post a Comment