Sunday, May 5, 2013

This is the Place!


A few weeks ago we met up with some friends at This is the Place Heritage Park 
to check out their Baby Animal Season. 
I think I was more excited about this than Mabel! 
(Can't I just have a pygmy goat? Please?!)

Cheep cheep lots of chicks! 
The one I picked up pooped on my leg to welcome me to the farm.

Is that face the best or what? 
In total wonder and awe (and a little fear)....
baby animals everywhere!
   
Her signature petting pose: ARMS LENGTH!
Safety first for this girl.


Then a big (pregnant?) momma goat started creepin...
and Mabel was NOT giving up her apple slice!
So the goat settled for licking the stroller instead.

We took a train ride around the park and our conductor told us about the different historic buildings we passed.  He explained what days were like here in Utah during 19th century frontier life.  I want to go back with Nate so we can stop at all the little houses. There is a blacksmith, a furniture maker, a candle dipper, and you can watch someone spinning yarn. My inner pioneer thought it was pretty cool.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Please keep updating it. I'm excited for Mabel's one-year anniversary of being alive.

P.S. I ran my very first official half-marathon yesterday!! I wanted to finish in 3:30 (because of my run/walk method), and I made it in 2:52! What the heck?

Sarah said...

Duh. I meant two-year.

The Dabo's said...

When Drew was 2 we went to the old petty zoo in Gardner village. I turned around to find Drew full on riding the goat. So funny and I have a picture of course to prove it.

Walter Family said...

How fun! We LOVE This is the Place!!! Cute pictures!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

we will for sure have to go with you on your next go around!...Looks like FUN!