Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My love for old things...



Here are a few shots I snapped at work--some antique printer blocks, a darling vintage cake topper, and some old skeleton keys. I am excited for warm weather because that means yard sales!

Last year Nate and I went to an estate sale and there was a huge dumpster out front full of all the stuff they didn't sell. (For an interesting book about discarded "junk" read Mongo --buy it used for 10 cents plus shipping! Amazon is great.) Anyway, I climbed into the trash and found a kitschy 1950s canister, some old magazines, and a hilarious oil painting of Robert Goulet that is now hanging in our laundry room!

That was my first literal dumpster dive and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I need to make a junking survival kit that includes gloves, a magnet, -I'm always wondering if things are magnetic--hand cleaning wipes, (I will only use the sanitizer gel as a last resort--does anyone else hate it?) some granola bars, chapstick, a pen and paper, tissues, and a few grocery sacks.

2 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

you're always good at finding treasures! PS I have tagged you...see my blog for details

dadrick said...

dumpster diving...it gives the term "I'm going in" a whole new meaning