
This weekend we were free from any big commitments so we decided to make the most of it! Friday night I made a fabulous dinner (I'm patting myself on the back). We started out with an organic spring salad (with organic ranch dressing that was pretty gross! My taste buds were screaming for Hidden Valley with all it's preservatives), then some farm raised salmon with a mango/ dill/ red onion/lemon sauce that I created, next to a side of wild rice and washed down with some apple bubbly. Don't forget dessert--Wild Oats (Now Whole Foods) has their own "Western Family" equivalent called 365 and they make some awesome coconut frozen fruit bars. However, make sure you really like coconut because they are filled with lots of shredded bits.
After dinner we rented The Pursuit of Happyness but when I turned on the T.V. to get the movie set up Pride and Prejudice had just started and Nate had never seen it! Will Smith got thrown to the back burner as I introduced Nate to The Bennett's and Mr. Darcy. He enjoyed the movie and approved of me adding it to our "Movies we Want to Buy When we Find Money on the Ground" list.
1 comment:
You sound like such a gourmet chef-lately I have been on a complete cooking strike-grilling up chicken and baking potatoes is about as fancy and I can handle...my poor husbad!
Post a Comment