Nothing satisfies the soul like a good day of junking. Grandpa poked around "The Barn" with us yesterday and then the three gals (minus Kelsey-boo for school) went down to Antique Row in Denver today. I cringed every time grandma said, "Oh, I used to have that, and I think it got put in the trash." Oh the trash and all the treasures it must have. Our loot for the day included a full set of alphabet blocks, 2 old potato mashers, some vintage skeleton keys, 2 cool old books, several darling dainty flower vases, and an old black and white of Old Faithful. My heart is still crying out for the vintage sock monkey that I just couldn't justify spending $48 on. Grandma says she has an old pattern for one and she is going to help me make one. I love people who can sew!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
TREASURES
Nothing satisfies the soul like a good day of junking. Grandpa poked around "The Barn" with us yesterday and then the three gals (minus Kelsey-boo for school) went down to Antique Row in Denver today. I cringed every time grandma said, "Oh, I used to have that, and I think it got put in the trash." Oh the trash and all the treasures it must have. Our loot for the day included a full set of alphabet blocks, 2 old potato mashers, some vintage skeleton keys, 2 cool old books, several darling dainty flower vases, and an old black and white of Old Faithful. My heart is still crying out for the vintage sock monkey that I just couldn't justify spending $48 on. Grandma says she has an old pattern for one and she is going to help me make one. I love people who can sew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
please tell me those blocks are my Christmas present....i NEED those! I'll sew you a monkey????
For a second there, it looked like you were a midget - i couldn't see where your legs were. Love the hat one too, from your Mom's blog. You could be a 20's flapper girl - you've got that look! Glad you're all having fun. Wish Nana, Aja & I were there to share in the shenanigans! Love ya!!
Post a Comment