Uncle! Uncle! Alright, I finally set up a facebook a month or so ago. My pseudonym was super tricky (thanks Camelot Mini Golf and President Bush) and I was content to happily chat with only one person---my cousin Aja. The facebook was set up so we could keep in touch (I love you Aja!) and I was perfectly happy with only having one friend. Mind you, I have a myspace and I was pretty into that for awhile but once I got into the blog world myspace was kicked to the curb. (except to keep in touch with my dad and now my little bro Tyler) I mean really, how many online networks can a girl have?
Anyway, so I must have had a serious brain fart when I set up the facebook because of course I used my pseudonym but I put in one of my real e-mail addresses. Little did I know that people could find me with my e-mail!!! Not like a zillion people found me but I sure thought it was odd when a friend request popped up from my neighbor. My facebook was supposed to be secret, I could log in here and there and say hi to Aja and then log out without feeling guilty about not adding a friend, or writing on anyone elses wall. (of course none of this will make sense to my grandmother--love you!)
I don't know why but I'm just not into the facebook thing, and no offense to those of you who are because you are probably thinking you're just not into this blog, but I guess it's because I just can't be updating one more thing. It's the OCD that comes out in me and facebook is just one more thing that I would have to check everyday, put pics on, etc. because you know how annoying it is when you look at a blog, facebook, etc. and it's been the same for weeks. (and let me say thank you to Rebecca for posting something new--I now have all of Brad's family memorized)
Anyway, the whole reason for this story is because I laughed out loud at this article:
6 comments:
That article is SOOOO funny. I signed on to reply to a friend and now I've received so many "friend" requests. I still haven't even done ANYTHING on there. After reading that great article ... don't think I'm gonna! However, it would be fun to post that link on there for them to read!
I couldn't open the link! But I have to tell you that I too resisted facebook for a full year and even closed my account. But now that my blogging days have all but ceased to exist, facebook is a nice no maintenance kind a deal that I like. Nobody cares if you don't update thank goodness because i can go weeks without giving a crap. I am also enjoying having my family life be my private life again. I felt so pressured to take pictures and post a story about every little thing that went on in my life and now those can just be my experiences and mine alone! Well this comment is going no where but I just wanted to let you know that I went through the same dilemma
I need to clarify--- nobody cares on FACEBOOK if you (you meaning, people in general) don't update. I totally care if you (you as in you) update your blog because I totally love it. My comment before sounded totally rude. That's because I suck
you kill me...does this mean you don't want to be friends on facebook? PS the girl i babysit, looks like you have come back to visit me as a toddler....seriously, i only see you when i see her....blond curls and baby blues! did you farm out your first born and not tell me?
Very funny article...I read it to Aja. Truly a sign of the times. Last night she was hanging out here with her friend and Weston, the three of them sitting at the table with their computers, facebooking each other. It was a crack-up. Between their phones, texting, email, facebook and skype...who ever needs real human contact???
That is so funny....I am making Travis read it asap! I was tricked into joining facebook over two years ago when a friend sent me an email saying "look at my new pictures, just enter your email address here..." Wham, I was a facebooker.
I then started getting friend requests from people and because I didn't want to hurt their feelings, I just kept on adding. It's all been downhill ever since.
I will respect your facebook privacy and stick to looking at the blog.
Post a Comment