Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!!

Last week we spent a few days in Las Vegas to surprise my mom for her 50th birthday. I haven't been to Vegas for awhile and I think Nate and I were in shock the first day from the crazy amounts of money, alcohol, and skin, that were everywhere!

Kraig picked the perfect spot - Mandalay Bay - and it felt so nice to soak up the sun laying out next to the lazy river and the wave pool.




The view from our room was cool -
it was even better at night but I couldn't get a good picture.

Tuesday night we made my mom wear her birthday crown and she had all sorts of people welcoming her to the "50s Club!" It was great. Dinner was at the amazing buffet at our hotel and I gained 10 pounds immediately after.



Then we decided we would walk down the strip to the Paris. Well, 50 miles and 400 offers for "NAKED GIRLS TO YOUR DOOR!" later we made it. As you can see from this picture I am not really a night owl and my eyes just kept wanting to close.



Once we got into the Paris, which I decided is my favorite Casino because it feels so bright and happy inside (the ceiling is painted like the sky!) our second wind kicked in.



and my mom introduced us to...

A great game that takes no skill! One of my friends on facebook said next they need to incorporate slap jack and uno! Wouldn't that be hilarious!

By the time we got back to our hotel I thought my feet were going to fall off and we didn't have time to give my mom her special present. With a lot of help from friends and family (thanks everyone!) we put together a scrapbook full of 50+ memories that everyone had of my mom. It turned out great and the next morning over breakfast we gave it to her. Of course I forgot to get pictures of it! :(


The next night we decided to drive instead of walk (my feet were very happy!) to Caesar's Palace for Dinner. It was incredible!! Fancy pants foods and delicious desserts! My mom and I bolted back to the dessert bar when Nate came back to the table with new desserts that were just being put out! It was hilarious. We stopped and watched the Bellagio fountains and then headed back over to the Paris where my mom and I learned vital french phrases via the intercom while we were going to the bathroom. "Let's set up the prenup," and "If my husband call, I'm not here." This town is twisted!!!



Thanks Kraig for letting us join in on the surprise, we had a blast!
Hope you had a great birthday mom, we love you!

1 comment:

The Naylor Family said...

What a FUN birthday!!! Thanks to you, and Nate and Kraig for making it the best 50th ever (if turning 50 could EVER be the best)! Love you guys and love my memory book!