When I got back from Kamas lastTuesday afternoon
there was a note on the door...
I put Mabel down for her nap and went on a hunt!
This first clue was the hardest because I didn't know what I was looking for.
It's no wonder kids love scavenger hunts, this was so much fun!
Every time I found a clue I would get a huge grin.
I loved thinking about Nate taking the time to put each clue in place.
Clever clever with it safety pinned to one of my shirts!
I looked under 3 different rugs before I found this one.
Finally, I found it!
When I opened it up the first thing I saw was Cafe Rio and I thought to myself,
"What?! All that for Cafe Rio gift certificates?!"
(I do love Cafe Rio but c'mon Nate!)
Then I took them out and realized what it was....
concert tickets!
The Postal Service
yay!
(and I am excited to check out
The Great Saltair, I have never been.)
Such a fun way to get a present, and I am really looking forward
to this concert with Nate.
Thank you babe!
I also found this buried in the couch cushions.
Nate's ipad microfiber cleaner.
He has been looking for it for months.
I love being a momma to this little person.
The joy that she so freely expresses over such simple things
makes me so happy.
She is so loving and so quick to forgive.
She knows that when she screams Mom a million times in a row
it drives me nuts. So she does it all the time.
I soak in the moments when she wakes up from her nap and
wants to be cuddled in my arms all warm and sleepy.
Experiencing someone learning to talk for the first time is one
of the best things ever.
She loves to dance and has some pretty crazy moves.
Here are a few more things I don't want to forget:
- We call him the "wiggle guy"....we see him when we drive to Harmon's - he is one of those inflatable wind dancers on the roof of Sonic and she goes crazy when she sees him.
- She always wants to see the "apple, momma!" When we drive to the library each week we pass Applebees and she gets a big grin on her face when she spots the apple out her window.
- The other day on our walk she stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and sat down to watch an ant. She said, "Momma, C'mere!"
- She is really afraid of the garbage truck. Just the sound from a block away makes her cry and she wants me to hold her. :(
I wanted to say how much I love my own momma
and how much I appreciate her friendship and support.

I am so thankful for so many wonderful women in my life: my wonderful mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, sisters, friends, neighbors. I am constantly learning from all of you so keep sharing your stories, your ups and downs, your best recipes, your hopes and dreams....it means the world to me!
and how much I appreciate her friendship and support.

I am so thankful for so many wonderful women in my life: my wonderful mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, sisters, friends, neighbors. I am constantly learning from all of you so keep sharing your stories, your ups and downs, your best recipes, your hopes and dreams....it means the world to me!
















5 comments:
HOW COOL IS NATE!?!?
What a fun way to get a gift!
As for Mable and her ability to speak....I hope she can NEVER say my name! I like Minosh much better than Jocelyn!
and....HOLY Ripped ARMS, Grandma!
That is the best way to get a gift, so creative!!
Yes .... that son-in-law is a very clever husband. Wish I could be there to babysit on your concert night. Thank you for the sweet shout-out to your momma ... you were a CARBON COPY of how Miss Mabel is. So smart, talkative, inquisitive (sp?) It is really fun to watch!
I love your posts immensely! I enjoy living vicariously through you. You have a precious family, Jess. I hope the memories you're making with Mabel & Nate will just knit you closer and closer together over the years.
Seriously Nate? Can you teach Tyler a thing or two???
Post a Comment