Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fathers Be Good to Your Daughters


Father's Day

We started the weekend right with some frozen yogurt and live music 
Friday night at Jordan Landing.

By some miracle (waking up at dark thirty) I managed to get 
myself ready for church, get Mabel ready, have the diaper bag packed, 
I read over my Relief Society lesson,
AND whipped up this delicious breakfast for Nate. 
All of this took place before 8:00am.

Mabel was really excited to help daddy open his big present
A Hedge Trimmer! So exciting.
A few weeks ago Nate got a rare Sunday afternoon nap.
We counted that as his Father's Day nap.

After church we drove to Fruit Heights to have a BBQ
with some of the Tew Fam.


Cousins eating cupcakes:

Aunt Kristy took the girls flying.

It has been such a joy to watch Nate as a father.
I knew he would be great, but he exceeds my expectations daily.
Mabel adores him and I love hearing the giggles of those two playing
and wrestling when he gets home from work.
I went downstairs the other day because Mabel was laughing so hard I had to 
see what they were doing. It involved a lot of silly faces and sounds.
 

Nate always tells me that Mabel loves to comb his hair at night
when he is getting her ready for bed.  I have watched this so many times.
I love these two.

I am also thankful for the fathers in my life.
It's been interesting having two dads...
but they have both taught me different things.
Me and my dad Rick, 1993ish)
My step-dad Kraig and Mabel, 2012

4 comments:

Cristi Benedict said...

Cute family. I need to get Zach a hedge trimmer too! haha

OLIVERSONFAM said...

WOWZA!! All that by 8:00!?!?
You are a SO NICE! Andy didn't get a special breakfast or any kind of gift like a Trimmer! (by the way, we may like to try that baby out at our place. We have a few things that could use a trimmin!)

The Dabo's said...

I had no idea your Dad was Billy Ray Cyrus? That's so neat! Love the video, one to treasure forever!

Lindsey said...

The pics are so cute of our girls! And I love in the video how precise Mabel is with combing Nafy's hair.