After going from working this morning, straight to studying for a final I was game for Nate's idea of getting out of the house for dinner. Nate chose a favorite spot, One World Cafe. The all organic menu is different everyday depending on what is in season and the creativity of the cooks--Nate was happy they had his favorite "the everything" cookie.
.
I am a big fan of what One World is trying to accomplish. Check out there mission statement here. Not only do they want to eliminate world hunger but also eliminate hunger in our little SLC community. They have a volunteer program where people who don't have $ for food can work off a meal by washing dishing, cleaning, or working in the garden. All the dishes, cups, etc. have been donated so it makes for quite an eclectic hodgepodge of dinnerware. This time around I had a Christmas holly plate along with a plastic water mug from some fitness place.
.
And here is the CRAZY part: You pay what you feel your meal was worth. When Nate and I first started going they just had a little box you put cash in--now you can pay with a credit card as well. No one watches you pay--all on the honor system. You drop a token or button in a jar so they can calculate how many people have eaten (since there are no receipts or anything) and then you pay what you want. Pretty cool huh?
.
P.S. Mom--they just opened a new location in Denver. It is called The Same Cafe.
2 comments:
I am so curious about this little place! Will you take me there? You inspire me to be more organic. I am a lot better than our Philly days. I only buy cage free, organic eggs, but still can't ditch certain things like doritos. Hey, it's a work in progress.
yeah, that place seems cool! I'd love to check it out!
Post a Comment