Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So I wanted to start some sort of book club but since my summer has a 'stress free theme' and having to read a book in a certain amount of time could start to feel like a class-- which could cause stress-- I decided to bag the book club.
However, summer is always the time when I seem to read the most (who can resist a good book, a blanket, and some iced peppermint tea at the park?) so I am going to periodically post what book(s) I'm reading and I want everyone to let me know if they are reading any thing worthwhile. How does that sound? (and I really wish that Ashley's mom had a blog because she always has good book recommendations!)



Things I Learned about My Dad (in therapy)
essays edited by Heather Armstrong

I pre-ordered this book a few weeks ago (to get a discount because I have the hardest time paying full price for a book!) and it just came in the mail today. I thoroughly enjoy the author's blog so I will let you know how the book goes. I will be patiently waiting for comments about what you are reading.

5 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

Just looked at your blog for the first time in a while and I have to say, you are by far the funniest person I know!!! I love you so much and miss you like crazy!!! You have the crazy side of your Dad that I fell in love with (not that wacked side that caused me to seek therapy!!!) He is a such a funny guy and a long with MY good looks you are quite a woman!!!!! The quiz blog is the best!!! Just keep blogging and we'll keep reading!!!

Brad and Rebecca said...

Jessica my love- Brad and I are reading "The Color of Water" by James McBride. It's my 2nd time reading it, his 1st. You MUST read it if you haven't yet. The author writes of his childhood and his mother's childhood...He grew up with a Jewish Mother (black father) in the projects of NYC- during the 60's. It is so good...and true...heartbreaking, but victorious. PLEASE read it soon so we can talk about it. You'll laugh. You'll cry.

The Tews said...

I'm ordering it on Amazon right now! I remember you telling me about it before...thanks Bec : )

dadrick said...

the 800th lifetime by alvin toffler

dadrick said...

hey, wait a minute...who's wacked out? anyway, looks are only skin deep, but funny is to the bone...tee hee.