This morning when I was petting Fritz I noticed that one of the toenails on his back leg was red and looked really infected. I had to put him in a cat straight jacket to get a closer look. It was swollen and looked pretty gross. (and it smelled awful!! i actually just had a gag reflex when I typed that)
I took him in to the vet and he prescribed an antibiotic (that was $30!!!) and we have to give it to him twice a day (which is a two person job) and we also have to clean his toe the best we can and put antibiotic ointment on it.
Fritz was such a trooper and was very well behaved despite being in pain and having the loudest doctor poking at him.
So when we got home he went straight for his food bowl and I let him eat for awhile while I tried to devise a plan to clean his toe. I first tried to let him lay in a favorite spot of his (the office chair) while I gently tried to clean it with a warm washcloth. That worked for about 5 seconds. Then I decided to put him in the football hold so he couldn't escape. Well that worked for about 30 seconds until I couldn't control the squirming and he went flying out of my arms. I was able to get a little Neosporin on that he licked off shortly after. I am going to wait for Nate to get home before I attempt again. My poor baby boy!!
1 comment:
poor baby! maybe you should be a vet!
Post a Comment