Lately I have been craving Edamame and so when I got home from Market I boiled up a batch, sprinkled them with some sea salt and Nate and I gobbled them up!
We decided to go for a jog around the park right by our house and it was rejuvenating to feel my leg muscles burning. I almost forgot I had leg muscles. The weather is finally starting to feel somewhat warm on a regular basis and I think we are going to be breaking out the rollerblades soon.
The water at the park was pretty ickus and I agreed with Nate when he said, "I bet there are human beans in that water."
The market was busy with employees stocking shelves, people bagging some green leafy vegetable I had never seen before, all sorts of humankind wandering the isles, and a plethora of smells wafting through the air. It smelled just like the Hilo, Hawaii farmer's market and I found myself thinking that when I stepped back outside I might just be back in Hawaii again. (PS. Mom and Kelsey: They didn't have any Melona bars so my quest continues.)
So basically in 15 short minutes I fell in love with the Southeast Market and plan on finding recipes that will cause me to have to venture there much more often.
2 comments:
Wow! You're pretty brave to even go in there. Did you buy anything? How would you know what kind of recipe would require something from there?
This little market sounds interesting. I know how you love a little adventure. After reading your description of it, I feel like I was there with you. I found my mouth watering when you mentioned soy sauce.
Edamame is the only green thing Travis will eat. We have it about twice a week. yum yum
Post a Comment