Sunday, July 20, 2008

Into the Wild



We saw a lot of Yellowstone creatures....buffalo, elk, moose, bald eagle, wolf, yellow bellied marmot (I'm serious!), and my favorite----chipmunks!! One day Dave and Nate were exploring a waterfall and the rest of us were just sitting on this little ridge right off the road. Before we knew it a family of darling chipmunks scurried right up to us! One little guy just couldn't resist my sunflower seeds and came right up on my lap---a tear came into my eye and I felt my Yellowstone dreams coming true! All I kept thinking was, "You are so cute----please don't bite me!" It filled its little cheeks to the brim with seeds and then scurried off....but believe me when I say we had a moment. It made me think of my childhood pet rat. Rest in Peace Snowball.


2 comments:

thechoulespauls said...

that only happens in the disney movies, jess you really are a princess

The Tew Clan said...

What a neat experience! I am so jealous that we missed out. The kids would have loved it!