Monday, August 25, 2008

Bella's Babies







Bella, the neighbor's pug, had her puppies! Six darling, tiny, wrinkly, precious, sweet, cuddly baby puglets just a hop skip and a jump from my door. I was in heaven nuzzling each one to my bosom while Bella watched me to make sure I didn't try to nurse one. Their little eyes and ears are still closed and all they want to do is sleep and suckle. Bella is a total natural --animal instinct is amazing!
I have been seriously toying with the idea of a pug child until Shannon told us how much she will be selling them for: $350 each for the males, and $400 for the females. Ouch. So we will just enjoy them while we can and be part of the screening panel to help Shannon make sure they go to loving homes.

4 comments:

The Naylor Family said...

They are cute in kind of an ugly way. Not my favorite dog but, of course, all babies are cute. I'm thankful they have a high price tag -- I'm still holding out for the REAL grandchild -- don't need a grand-dog to go with the grand-cats!!!

TwoThompsons said...

Ooh...careful...they're just gonna get cuter when their eyes open and they start to get playful and you can't just have one...it would get too lonely! So think $800 for starters and then food, vet bills...(reality bites!)

A New Life Student said...

Oh my, I need to get my hands on one of them immediately! How cute! Sometimes I wish Kelso had a friend but then I think back to the potty training and all the work a puppy needs and I am zapped back to reality. I am sure Bella is keeping close tabs on you. She knows you want to take one of her babies and nuzzle it right into your own house. Hope school is going okay. Call me when you have time!

Laura said...

For some reason your choice of words such as suckle and bosom are so funny to me right now....the word suckle is linked to you in my brain for some reason-who knows why but it is!