Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life at 25

So this birthday, the big 25, brought about some serious introspection. What have I accomplished? What have a learned from my past? How comfortable am I with myself? As I was pondering my life thus far a hairy smelly grumpy little gremlin kept forcing its way into my brain and shouting things like, "Why aren't you done with school yet!?" and "Why didn't you stick to your exercise plan!?"
Well, I found myself dwelling on all the things I haven't done, have done poorly, or have just failed at and found myself in a mini-meltdown. PMS didn't help either. So tonight, amidst talk of state and local government, (I just couldn't focus in class tonight!) I finished my list of accomplishments and experiences and when I was done I let out a big sigh and felt a lot better.

25
(not in any particular order.....well except for the first one : )
  1. Married a wonderful, hilarious, caring, creative, compassionate human being.
  2. Learned how to crochet.
  3. Can list all 50 states, alphabetically, with their capitals.
  4. Decided on a college major.
  5. Recycle everyday.
  6. Realized the importance of having an open, teachable mind.
  7. Learned how to read.
  8. Jumped over waves in the Atlantic ocean.
  9. Developed a deep appreciation and love for family.
  10. Can drive a stick shift.
  11. Sat in Independence Hall.
  12. Discovered the importance of spirituality and religion in my life.
  13. Bought a condo.
  14. Snorkeled next to sea turtles.
  15. Planted a tree.
  16. Continually recognizing my strengths and limitations.
  17. Created my own line of cards: Cateye Collection.
  18. Graduated from high school.
  19. Can find the North star.
  20. Became a vegetarian.
  21. Developed some critical thinking skills.
  22. Traveled to Australia.
  23. Donated to hungry families for the past 5 years.
  24. Try to make conscious consumer decisions.
  25. Adopted two adorable feline children.

4 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

26. Looked darn good in a mullet wig.

A New Life Student said...

27. Got lost in Potsville, PA

The Naylor Family said...

28. Have become one of your Mom's best friends.

thechoulespauls said...

29. one of the funniest people on earth