Use the information below to answer the next three questions. For convenience, this information will be repeated again for each related question: The price of Cheerios is $4.00 per pound, the price of Raisin Bran is $2.20 per pound, and the price of Corn Flakes is $2.50 per pound. Convert these nominal prices to relative prices using Corn Flakes as the base. The relative price of Raisin Bran is _________
a. less than 0.60
b. between 0.60 and 0.70
c. between 0.71 and 0.80
d. more than 0.80
d. more than 0.80
I don't know exactly what happens but about 1/3 of the way through the above problem my brain just turns off. It reads the words but really it is off hiding in a corner hoping that some smart person will answer the question for it. I admire people who enjoy math. I unfortunately am not one of them. I can add, subtract, multiply, divide--what more do they want from me!!????
What I am trying to say is that I will pay someone to take this class for me. No really, I'm serious.
P.S. Hey Winnie, Put a sock in it.
7 comments:
I'm sooo sorry that you got that gene from me! It's an analytical thing we got missin! I don't have math problems anymore but when I get the directions for something and it start like ... first hold the object with the left-side facing front and apply the right center bold directly behind the left back corner. My brain cannot handle it. What did you (great big sister) tell Kelsey? It doesn't matter you'll never use that crap in real life anyway! May the force be with you -- maybe we should have taken you to Sullivan Learning Center when you were little -- sorry.
jess I am with you. math is just not me. As for the bread recipie. I will give it to you for the low low price of... hanging out with us. I personally think it's a good deal:)
I sure wish I could take the class for you, but I was lost when they said Cherrios cost $4.00 per lb. Since when did they start weighing cereal at the grocery store? Should I be looking for a scale in the cereal isle? I listened to the author of Math Doesn't Suck on NPR she was so smart and funny. She said it's not our fault we are bad at math...it's the education system! I love to be able to blame someone else!
Well, having been down that math road in my college days (yes, I did go quite far in math unbelievably!), the thing with math is in the definitions. SO...look up nominal & relative & you should get your answer. My non-collegiate guess would be d) more than .80
Tell me if I got it right.
and no thanks on doing it for you! ;)
Just reading that question gave me anxiety-good luck, I am definitely not jealous!
LOL, my brain turned off half way through the problem as well! Sorry honey- you're on your own!
Its Winnie from Mawinnie! Good to see her sweet smiling face. Your question made no sense to me and I don't even want to try. Why the crap do you need to know such useless information?
Post a Comment