Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jordanelle Reservoir

For the second day of the Tew family "staycation" we all went to Park City for a day at Jordanelle. It was beautiful!! Rick and Georgia brought their wave runners and they also stopped at Costco to get a few towable rafts. The rafts were a total hit with the adults and the kids! The Nautica three seater was my favorite - I don't think I have ever laughed so hard! Water is splashing everywhere, you are clinging on for dear life, and it is impossible to stop laughing and screaming at the top of your lungs! At one point my sister in law Becky went bouncing out like a jumping bean (Nate was driving the wave runner :) and it sent me into a laughing spell that made my stomach sore the next day. Not to mention my voice was toally hoarse from screaming. The other raft was called the Poparazzi and it was a little more difficult to ride - you could stand and ride it and when there are three people on it you really have to balance your weight or it will tip. (Morgan, Becky, and I learned that the hard way!)
It just so happened that we were also having our work boating party at Jordanelle that same day and they were only a few spots away so we headed over there for a few hours to go out on the boat and do some wake boarding. It was a blast! Thanks to the Tews and the Marshall Group for a great day!





4 comments:

A New Life Student said...

Looks like such a fun "staycation". Now you get to go on a vacation! Lucky duck. I can't tell you how many times I have watched the video....it gets funnier every time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I could live on the water! We were at Rockport on Sunday. Our blog has issues when I add text with images. Not sure how to remedy the situation.

The Naylor Family said...

Everyone looked great -- very impressed with the wake board pictures. You guys look like pros. The Poparazzi is a funny looking thing -- great pictures.

Cristi Benedict said...

I love all the summer pics! Looks like you had so much fun. And what a great way to spend your time with family; especially on a STAYcation! That video is pretty funny!