Nate had never been horseback riding so we decided it was about time. We went 40 minutes North of West Yellowstone (wait, did that make sense?) to Big Sky, Montana. Jake's horse ranch was everything I had hoped for. We looked like total city folk (even though we tried to fake it with some plaid shirts) but they made us feel right at home. I had been dreaming the whole trip of my horse being named Clover, or Cinnamon, maybe Ginger Snap--c'mon, the 6 year old "My Little Pony" horse lover came out in me. That's when they put me on Ted. What kind of horse name is that? Ed is one thing, Ted is another. But we gave each other a chance and to my surprise we were a match made in heaven! We went on a two hour ride through beautiful back country, crossed several small rivers, and even went along a steep ravine--I saw my life flash before me a few times but Nate was a total natural! I see horse rides into the sunset in our future.
1 comment:
This is HYSTERICAL! Jess, i was dying watching that viedo and loved the "man from snowy river" photos!!! I would LOVE to do this! How much did it cost?!
Post a Comment